The EHS AVID Pathway
Advancement Via Individual Determination
The AVID Pathway at EHS challenges students to demonstrate excellence in their knowledge of historical content and research. While at EHS, AVID Pathway students will be required to complete two or more of the AP level classes, complete either two consecutive years in AVID (one being senior year) or three years total (one being senior year, take the PSAT and the SAT and/or ACT, and complete a senior project.
AVID students traditionally distinguished themselves by gaining acceptance to universities.
Finally, the AVID Pathway requires students to meet A-G requirements.
| Required Courses ||Senior Project and Required Tasks||Awards and Opportunities |
- Complete A-G requirements for UC/CSU
- Pass at least two A.P. courses of a student's choice:
- AP Biology
- AP Environmental Science
- AP English and Composition
- AP English Literature
- AP World History
- AP US History
- AP Government
- Students will complete a senior project in an area of primary interest or complete 40 of community service hours. (see the EHS AVID coordinator for project suggestions)
Successfully complete at least two consecutive years (4 semesters) in AVID (must include 12th grade year); or complete at least three total years (6 semesters) in AVID (must include 12th grade year)
Maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum during 11th and 12th grade years
Apply to a minimum of 4 scholarships that require an essay and/or recommendation letter
Take the PSAT, SAT and/or ACT
Organize/participate in three EHS AVID activities
Apply to at least one 4-year college/universtiy
Fill out and submit FAFSA
Participate as a member of an EHS club for at least two years
- Recognition of AVID Pathway completion on student transcript.
- Royal Blue Cord distinguishing students at graduation.
- Certificate of Completion