This Pathway provides students with an introduction to many areas of Art and Design including Drawing/Painting, Graphic Communications, Pottery, Jewelry, and Digital Photography.
Your student will gain knowledge and skills in three-dimensional art forms such as ceramics and jewelry, and two-dimensional art such as drawing/painting and digital photography. The art elective courses will strengthen appreciation for the arts and help the students develop a diverse portfolio of artwork.
The senior project in the Visual Arts Pathway will encourage student participation in the art community outside of the school environment. Your student will experience preparing artwork for display and participating in an individual or group art show.
Each student will develop and maintain a digital portfolio and a physical portfolio containing their artwork with examples showing personal growth in the subject.
Requirements Senior Project Awards and Opportunities Three years of Visual Arts
1 Year of 2 Dimensional Art (1A,1B)
- Digital Photography
- Drawing and Painting
1 Year of 3 Dimensional Art (1A, 1B)
1 Semester of Advanced Art
- Any 2D or 3D art class classified as "Advanced" or "2A"
1 Semester of an Elective Art
- Any 2D or 3D art class
* 2B or Advanced Art counts as an "Elective"
- Group Art Show, Solo Art Show or a Community project
- Assist with the school display at Arts Alive
- Art Portfolio (Actual) containing all of the artwork completed
- Digital portfolio containing images of all of the artwork completed
- Recognition of History Pathway completion on student transcript.
- White Cord distinguishing students at graduation.
- Certificate of Completion